Learning a new language
During the early 90’s I dabbled with Turbo Pascal which later became Borland Pascal, then the eventual move to Borland Delphi.
During my time with Pascal and Delphi, I think I only released one thing which was a SysOp paging system for a BBS that used a Sound Blaster.
Having only ever dabbled with programming applications, early last month I started playing around with Eclipse and the Android SDK. Well it was pretty obvious with in a couple of days I needed to go a bit more in depth with Java. So I decided learning a new language was in order.
I’ve recently seen a few posts that Java should be killed, Maybe I’m missing something, but I don’t see an issue with Java. Yes there are some implementations that are questionable but overall I’m not sure that Java is necessarily
Written by kimberly
I'm an Electronics Service Technician by day. By night I'm an Application Developer, Embedded Software Developer, Mountain Biking chic. Currently starting to put together some home automation projects which I'll be posting progress on the site.
- Luc Kimberly, maybe those info are not new to you. Anyway, perhaps in NZ is something similar to this Australian complaint to try to get back […] 2 years ago
- Kimberly Hi Chris, Good spotting, thanks. I've edited the post to correct it. Good luck with your study 🙂 2 years ago
- Chris Hey, I've been playing around with your code for a little while now, and I found a little mistake in the info you posted! you mention […] 2 years ago
- Andrew I fell into the same trap with the Kreyos smartwatch campaign on Indiegogo... Was almost a year late on delivery and the product ended up […] 2 years ago
- C A really thanks for that library ! It's really usefull for a beginner like me 🙂 2 years ago
- My Tweets
Follow me on Twitter
Tags#30daysofme 30 days of me android arduino blog blogging camera cat centos Christmas drivers facebook Fedora google+ GoPro joomla life Linux motorcycle news new zealand OpenOffice.org palmerston north plugin podcast podcasting powerpress programming review school server ubuntu video Windows wireless wordpress